Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Diploma mill performs a public service--it shows the character of those who use them.

Here's a story that a lot of people may find incosequential, but it really isn't.

Almost 10,000 people have gotten degrees from a diploma mill in Washington State. Many are using these fake degrees to get jobs and pay raises.

All without doing the work to justify those degrees.

I'm a little insulted by this behavior. I spent 20 years of my life getting a traditional education. I earned every grade and put in the actual study time.

How people can justify using a fake degree escapes me. Where do they get off?

I suppose the status of education is so important to some that they willingly take short cuts to get it. I'm sure cognitive dissonance comes into the equation if they profit from their subterfuge. Meaning, they feel justified in their actions.

No comments: