Friday, February 27, 2009

NationaL Rifle Association's ideological blinders leads to alienation of Democrat allies--idiots.

Here's a new fun fact that I'm sure will get few mentions from the bloviators in the Right-wing media.

Pelosi and Reid both oppose the Assault Weapon Ban.

Personally, I agree with them. Who gives a crap about some guy with a cache of AK-47s? Hell, I'd like to have a few machine guns myself.

If you'll note, the National Rifle Association says nothing about Pelosi and Reid on their legislative website.

Their failure to support politicians who support the 2nd Amendment begs the question: Is the NRA really in favor of politicians that support the 2nd Amendment or is their ideology so strong that they cannot imagine a Democrat actually being in favor of gun rights?

Who knows. I do note that most of the bozos touted by the NRA come from the right-wing of the Republican Party, so the NRA isn't exactly a paragon of balance.

Why do you suppose that is?

Personally, I don't think either party has a lock on the personal freedom and protection of rights agenda.

No comments: