Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Glad to be in America with an expansive view of liberty

When I read articles like this one I thank the stars that be that I live in America.

Why?

In America, wing nuts have the burden of proving why something should be banned. Those of us who advocate for an expansive view of freedom as opposed to some moral watchdog's limited notion of free speech breathe a sigh of relief.

America, despite all her faults, requires that wingnuts expose themselves to the public square and potential ridicule in order to push their agenda.

Transparency can never be underestimated as a valuable tool for freedom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading that article I suddenly had a song from one of my favorite movies come into my head....

"Texas has a whorehouse in it! Lord have mercy on our souls!"

Something about that article made me think about Melvin P. Thorpe and his Watchdog Report.

Maybe thats just me.