Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Old Wive's Tale is shot down by science

As a child, my mother always told me that boys were made of "Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails" whereas girls were made of "Sugar and spice and everything nice."

The clear implication of that early training was that boys are dirtier than girls.

Girls readily buy into this and regularly call boys dirty.

Science has shot that notion all to hell in this study.

Apparently, women are the nastier of the two sexes if bacteria are the criteria used to judge nasty-ness.

Well, at least now I can begin the healing process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had always heard of sugar spice thing, but I didnt know about snakes, snails, and puppy tails. That doesnt sound very nice to me. As far as dirtier goes.... little boys are dirtier but thats only cause they play rough outside more often hahaha. Little girls tend to lean towards being little princesses, and a lot I have observed have not been too kind to dirt haha.

Snakes snails and puppy tails.... venemous, slow.... and I cant even begin to imagine what puppy tails means. Maybe I dont wanna know.

So.... does that mean that since sugar, spice, everything nice (and the secret formula X) made the Powerpuff girls that Snakes, snails and puppy tails (and the secret chemical X) would make the PowerPrude Boys or something?

Interesting idea for a comic.....