Monday, November 3, 2008

Old story from the Onion nailed the last 8 years -- before Bush took office!

I love The Onion. Probably the only good source for satire.

Here's a story produced by The Onion in January 2001.

I defy anyone to read this and not choke on the creepy similarities to the story and the results of the last 8 years.

The Onion is spot on with its prediction, even though it was intended as humor.

Read it and laugh, cry, or pound your fist on the desk.

Scary how life imitates art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Onion!

I remember the first time I heard anything about it was earlier this year (or the end of last year) and some of these bogus stories they had sounded REAL! I didnt know if it was or not haha. My dad had to tell me it was all fake, that The Onion did things like that.

Now that is interesting how they did that with that story. Its sometimes amazing how something so silly seems to be predicting the future! Maybe that means we should all never dismiss anything silly.