Saturday, October 11, 2008

Britney may have gotten her VMA awards in exchange for the exclusive rights to show her documentary...maybe.

I've gotten a lot of grief for not living up to the name of my blog, specifically in the celebrity department.

In an effort to appease the powers that be (namely, those who thrive on gossip), I'm gonna provide my little bit of celebrity insight. Keep in mind that I have no inside information, just my astute sense of the entertainment biz as source for this. So without further adieu...

Question: Who has been the top tabloid fodder for the past couple of years?

Britney Spears.

Question: Who won a number of Video Music Awards from MTV this year?

Britney Spears.

Question: What network has the exclusive rights to show the upcoming 90 minute documentary from Britney, about Britney?

MTV.

Question: Who stands to benefit from all the advertising dollars generated from said tabloid darling Britney from the last few years?

MTV

Now, based on the surprise that Britney showed during her acceptance speeches on said Video Music Awards AND based on the fact that Britney won a number of awards that probably should have gone to other artists, AND based on the fact that MTV has the exclusive rights to the first run of Britney's documentary...I ask you this:

Is it possible that MTV gave Britney her VMA awards IN EXCHANGE for the exclusive rights to show the documentary that will bring in so much ad revenue?

Is it possible that the stench of PAYOLA is wafting through the air?

Thoughts anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay first: I personally could care less about the celebrity part of the title in your blog. I am personally content with reading all of the things you have to say about politics. If anything, I wonder about the Love part sometimes haha.

Secondly: I just LOVE how you did not turn this into a total puff piece about how "awesome" Britney is doing now and how "wonderful" it is that she won all these awards! I was a fan of Britney's first three albums. Then I stopped listening. There are plenty of other artists who probably deserved those awards more.

I think you could be right. I suppose it makes sense. Nobody has been able to get a "real" scoop on Britney, so why not? Give her the VMA's and she'll give you what you want. Haha.

It would definately not be the first time a celebrity has done this. Nor would it be the last.

Coffee Lover said...

Like you... I call it like I see it... and there was definitely a strong stench in the air!