Friday, May 1, 2009

Relgious more likely to support torture...so much for forgiveness.

All I want to know: What exactly do they teach these people in church that causes them to be more likely to support the use of torture?

I mean, the Bible says nothing about supporting torture. In fact, the Bible says to forgive and turn the other cheek.

It's been awhile since I've been to Church, but if the results of this study provide a glimpse into what passes as Christianity these days, then I don't want to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

churches have been quite strange.... mine called other religions cults, and said that only a certain amount of people are going to heaven. So why do I go? I'm not entirely sure.

Anonymous said...

Bible says nothing about supporting torture? What about stoning people to death? Or drowning all newborn boys? Or nail the living on wooden crosses? Or the eye for an eye concept? Or cutting people's hands off to prevent stealing?

That's torture to me.