Thursday, March 5, 2009

New service may be the answer to little choice in cable television

Here's new service that I would definitely jump on.

Any opportunity I can find to get rid of cable while keeping a good supply of tv entertainment on the cheap is my kind of product.

The only thing keeping me from dumping cable is the broadband.

DSL sucks because you must have a phone line.

Since Tennessee passed a law prohibiting municipalities from putting in free, citywide, WiFi (thanks to the generous contributions to our venal state legislature by wireless providers who didn't want the competition...) we've been left with cable broadband (from one provider!) dsl, dial-up, or wireless broadband with low download limits. None of the above cut it except the cable broadband, but then you have only one choice.

I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of competition in communications and any service that gives me the choice of paying for shows or accepting advertising sounds good.

Sign me up.

No comments: