Monday, December 15, 2008

False prophet is an idiot, but not as bad as those who believe him

In yet another stunning example of morons in the media...a self-proclaimed prophet in Utah says that Obama will never be president because riots will start before Christmas and that Russians will use it as an opportunity to nuke the U.S.

I don't know what's worse, the so-called prophet or those who listen and believe him.

I have a challenge for anyone who believes in prophets: If they are dead wrong, then you have an obligation to ignore them. Failing to do so makes you more of an idiot and you deserve all the ridicule that I'll heap upon you.

Here's why the "prophet" is wrong: Obama's approval rating is over 60% right now. Who the hell is going to protest? The other 40%? Not hardly.

I suspect the prophet is engaging in a little wishful thinking, informed in large part by his rural constituency and some latent racism prevalent in the rural and un-educated masses.

Fortunately, the rest of us don't need some nimrod who claims to have access directly to God telling us stuff that can't possibly be true.

If I'm wrong then it won't matter, but I'm willing to guarantee that I'm right. How can I guarantee that I'm right and the good prophet is wrong?

God rewards those who use their heads, not idiots who exploit fellow morons for some small measure of social power.

No comments: