Monday, September 29, 2008

Some evangelicals are defying the founding fathers in the name of their faith.

Apparently, a number of evangelical ministers think the law doesn't apply to them.

Not surprisingly these ministers support the Republicans.

They've even gone so far as to say a vote for Obama is a vote for immorality.

What I don't get is that McCain voted for a war, based on lies, where thousands of U.S. soldiers died. How is that moral?

It isn't moral, but when an ideology smacks up against the facts, guess what loses? The facts. This is true even for the faithful.

The founders were genius by separating church and state. Now a bunch of ahistorial loonies are trying to undermine the American system for their own political power. I don't think Jesus would have done that...

These ministers are violating a central precept of Christianity, viz., "One cannot serve two masters."

They need to either serve their faith or get out of the ministry altogether. That won't happen though because the need to gratify their egos, like with all nut jobs, will exceed the dictates of their faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My gosh reading all of these posts, and randomly checking up on it every so often.... I find myself thinking that you remind me of my father in the way you discuss these things.

This is a compliment by the way.

I think you and he would get along quite well.