Monday, June 30, 2008

Marketing geniuses screw people again.

Okay folks, here's a story in the Washington Post about bottled water.

Apparently, some marketing geniuses have managed to convince people to shell out hundreds of dollars for water.

The part of the story I find fascinating: In blind taste tests, people can't tell the difference between bottled water and tap water.

This is the same as the whole vodka phenomena where people will shell out scads of cash for grey goose vodka, etc.

I saw a taste test of so-called vodka connoisseurs and even they couldn't tell the difference between grey goose and smirnoff.

This type of stuff appeals to my cheaper nature. It's also why I stopped buying bottled water, instead opting for tap water that I've allowed to sit for a few minutes to let the chlorine dissipate.

No comments: