Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Liberal Leaning MSNBC getting abused.

Washington Post has a story about MSNBC.

MSNBC is getting criticism for being "left-leaning."

I don't know about you, but "left-leaning" is a far cry from out and out right-wing, like FOX News.

Fox makes no apology for being right wing, advocating the position that all media is liberal, thus they have a duty to "balance" things out by going the opposite direction.

I have yet to see any credible evidence, aside from anecdotal or truistic, that the media is liberal. I think it really a shibboleth used by the right to identify like-minded types.

Furthermore, by claiming a liberal media they always have a scape-goat for losing elections or a ready excuse when they are caught with their hands in the cookie jar. I really see no way to falsify the assertion of a "liberal" media, so it has no real weight in my book.

Funny stuff.

No comments: